Thursday, February 2, 2017

January 31, 2017

About Last Night

I've been thinking about last night all day.  Keara's roommate has been depressed and very close to suicide.  They called the police and they wouldn't do anything.  It's hard to do anything when the person is an adult and is very calm and rational.  So Keara asked us to come over and talk to her.  Baylee came and shared her experiences with suicide and depression, I shared mine and Savannah shared hers.  We talked to her about her options, that it wasn't black and white, live or die.  That she could get help through hospitalization or medication.  What is sad, is I don't know how open to it she is.

There are several things that I am grateful for though: That Keara can ask for help.  That my girls are willing to share their experiences to help someone else.  That Heavenly Father helped me to speak openly, honestly and without judgement.  That we were able to share options.

Blessing:  Letting someone know they didn't have to fight their batter alone.  Lesson:  Never ignore the signs/comments/willingness that someone is willing to take their own life.

No comments:

Post a Comment