Sunday, February 19, 2017

February 3, 2017

A Little Too Honest

So Caleb is quite the pre teen.  He wants something, but we won't just GIVE it to him.  We have been making an effort to have the kids WORK for things.  We have spoiled them horribly.  The circumstances of our lives and the amount of time we spend at doctors and in hospitals turned us more toward emotional health and we got lazy.  We started correcting that, but not without some backlash.  So this little gem happened this morning.

Morning Conversation (after a conversation gone awry about why headphones have to be earned not just "gifted"):
On the drive to school....
Felix: [Puts on original Petes Dragon Soundtrack]
Me: I'm so done with you and it's 8:15 in the morning.
Caleb: This is not helping my fiery, burning rage against you.
Silence until we get to school.
Me: I love you have a good day at school.
Caleb: I love you too. (Turning to male parental unit) [Growls]

There is some definite humor in him taking it out on Felix.  I kept telling him I had to talk to his dad.  I'm the one that said he had to earn them...but somehow it was Felix's fault.  And somehow, I came out the favorite.  At least I can say, that Caleb is incredibly honest about how he is feeling.

Blessing:  Our kids are all very honest.  They don't hold back.  Lesson:  Maybe we should teach them some tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment