Saturday, March 11, 2017

March 1, 2017

Today was quite an adventure...we (the neighborhood, mostly the Paas' and I) have been asking the city since January to fix the leak in our street since January.  Today, they finally started working on it!  YAY!  Unfortunately, while digging for the leak, they managed to break the gas line...woohoo!  So, it took forever...firetrucks, ambulance, police and gas company.  Took all day.  But the water line got fixed.

I also went in to the back and became a signer on a citizen initiative to make the city look closer at the budget and finance the roads first.  But I was so stressed, I didn't sign my name...just filled everything out.  But the notary, notarized it...not sure what that means.

But no one blew up, and we all survived...so it was a good day.

Blessing:  No one blew up.  That always makes for a good day in my book!  Lesson:  Don't wait for the firemen to ask you to leave.  Sometimes you just need to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment