Saturday, March 11, 2017

February 28, 2017

Whoa.  Tonight I went to city council meeting and listened to the presentation about the roads.  More fees with the city doing very little with the tax dollars to match what they want the citizens to pay.  It's very sad to see such a disconnect.

I approached Councilwoman Anderson after to tell her I would like to talk to her after and offered to help go through numbers and find savings for roads.  Nope.  I offered to help do negotiations on benefits and find a TPA (Third Party Administrator), to find fresh eyes.  Nope, she said it was all someones job and she didn't want to step on anyone's toes.  It's frustrating that citizens want to help, but the wall is still there.  Then we discussed how she went to the local paper about changing their format or they would lose sponsorship money.  I told her I was one of the people that sent an email and I found it wrong that she intervened because the sponsor money was not her money.  Our city is out of control.  I also told her I knew all about it because I was friends with the person whose job she wanted eliminated at the paper.

I then went to a late dinner with my friends in the political arena...who are really just my friends.  I love being involved, but I am constantly amazed at how just a little bit of power can destroy one's integrity.

Blessing:  Community involvement.  Prayer and guidance to keep my own integrity in tact.  Lesson:  To approach all things with the Lords involvements so I don't lose myself in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment